Thursday, November 12, 2009

Game Review!

Fine. I'll add more stuff. So since I work in the stupid vidja game industry, I guess periodically I'll add reviews of games I've played. Here's my review of Airwolf (pronounced "airwoof"). Remember that show? It was about a super cool helicopter. I think it was on CBS and then moved to the USA network, where all taste goes to die.



Airwolf is based on the horrible television series which aired during the 80's. Most of you kids won't remember it. And in that, your generation is blessed. In everything else your generation is cursed.
Airwolf was an arcade game and is your standard "I'm a flying vehicle moving to the right, and I need to shoot everything in my path" side scroller. And it's hard.
Really hard.
You get hit once and you're dead. This means you need to have skill to play this game. Of which I have none. But it's still fun to play. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking, but I found the game to be a low tech blast. You shoot anything that moves. And it's amazing how your ammo can take out anything. And I mean anything. People. Tents. Trucks. Tanks. Helicopters. Planes. Battleships. Even big fat nuclear missles.
So play the game if you want a quick, non-committal shoot em up romp.
If you don't want a quick non-committal shoot em up romp, play something else.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was a good show. Sure beat Knight Rider and The A-Team, and had a lot of great aerial action.

    ReplyDelete