Friday, November 27, 2009

Movie Teaser!



I like to sometimes give myself retarded and fairly uninteresting challenges to perform. Like once I tried to see how long I could miss work without calling in before I was fired. 5 days! This time I tried something a little less consequential. I picked a random superhero, and decided to make a teaser movie poster for that hero. In the grab bag of super heroes, I ended up picking this guy: Captain McDouchebag.


Actually, his name is Banshee. He's Irish. He's with the X-Men. I think he's actually dead now...I'm sure from alcohol poisoning.  So, with movie posters that are just teasers, it's usually a good idea to make some kind of image referencing the idea, but not directly giving it away. Plus, the date of release is usually a good move. So with this design, I tried to capture his costume and his powers. His costume is yellow, green and black (though I wish he had a derby and a four leaf clover sticking out of it). His powers are being able to scream obnoxiously to kill opponents. So I mixed the idea of visualizing soundwaves with the colors of his costume. It's fairly abstract and maybe a little TOO vague. Meh. I'm not sure. Anyway...that's what I was going for. I don't know if it works, but it's kind of an interesting graphic.

sigh...I'm bored with it already...time for a new challenge. Let's see how long I can sing the guitar riff from "Sweet Home Alabama" to my wife before she gets so annoyed that she curses at me. I'm guessing 32 seconds. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment